Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June so far...

Has been a pretty awesome month! The first weekend in June Christy and Brad came to visit. It was so nice to have them here even when we weren't doing anything! It always helps to have an extra set of hands to entertain Ethan or change diapers, or make yummy guacamole or cherry pie! 

We did go to Arlington park to watch the horses race. I was the big (and only winner) of a whopping $13! 

Then on Monday we squeezed christy in the back seat of the Tribute with the boys and headed off for a picnic at the Chicago Botanic Gardens. We found a nice spot in the grass to dine. At the end of our lunch we were told by a curator that the picnic area is in the parking lot only. She was very nice and didn't care if we finished eating but we quickly packed up. Oops! I didn't realize that was forbidden. We visited the model railway exhibit where we saw a miniature downtown Seattle among other famous US landmarks. How fitting! There were 18 total trains and it was really pretty impressive. Ethan LOVED watching all the trains.
The following weekend we went car shopping with the intent to purchase a pre owned vehicle. Thank God we don't purchase cars often...I do not like the "bargaining" aspect of it! We threatened to walk away 3 times until we were within the price we were willing to pay. All credit goes to Owen for negotiating so well. When all was said and done we drive off in a cyber grey 2011 GMC Acadia. It has some bells and whistles I've never had before which is nice! I'm spoiled with Bluetooth and a double sunroof.  It is a little sad when I see a tribute in a parking lot...8 years is a long time to drive a car! It was the car we brought ours boys home from the hospital in and so many other great memories. Ethan seems to be having a rough time too as he always asks " where is mommy's grey car?" He calls the new one black bc it is such s dark grey. 
Father's Day weekend we visited Arlington park with my parents. It was a ZOO! So crowded and HOT. It was fun for the few hours we were there. Ethan rode the ponies and Owen just about broke even in his bets! 

Gavin turned 8 months old on the 18th and he NEVER STOPS MOVING! He is officially crawling, pulling to standing, eating solids which he prefers to feed himself by picking up little chunks, and likes to tackle his brother. He is shaping up to be the perfect little brother pest! He smiles ALOT. He has 2 bottom center teeth and 1 top middle right and is cutting more which effects his sleep sometimes. 
June 19th I boarded a plane at the Milwaukee airport to Baltimore for an annual and much anticipated "girls weekend"! I honestly was wondering around the airport without a clue feeling like I am forgetting something! I am "forgetting" the boys, diaper bag, strollers ect and it is equally strange and awesome at the same time. I left the house at 4:55 and both boys were still sleeping. Good start! They did great and it was fun to be " my kid free" for a weekend. Sara, who we were visiting has a 10 month old daughter, Ava. It was great to meet her! We had a great time talking about being moms, walking to the farmers market in Silver Spring, MD seeing the falls at rock falls national park, brunching and then shopping the streets of Georgetown. 
AVA! Gavin's girlfriend who he has yet to meet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment