Thursday, August 27, 2009

The adventure of parenting...

It's no longer a secret- the Stamms are adding one more to the Fam! Owen and I found out we were pregnant in the middle of June the morning I was going to Madison for a girls overnight road trip. (Truth be told, I wanted to know if I could safely drink on my trip)! Owen was in the shower and had no idea that when I peeked around the curtain I'd surprise him with a the results of a positive pregnancy test! It was classic! We were both a little shocked (and still are a bit) but overall SO excited for the adventure of parenting. "Sam" Stamm is due February 27th.

We had our first ultrasound on my 28th birthday at 7 weeks and the doctor said, "Well, that is one of the earliest umbilical cords I've seen!" We were pretty impressed that our little baby blob was so advanced for such a young age. It was a wonderful birthday present and a great celebration weekend as we told the grandparents-to-be the exciting news!

One of the first clues that I was definitely pregnant was when I started craving hamburgers. Now if you know me, I prefer chicken, fish, or a healthy salad, but ever since this baby came on board I can't seem to get enough BEEF. It is so strange. I even got a McDonalds hamburger happy meal one day because I had to have a hamburger NOW. I hadn't been to a McDonalds in over 5 years. It tasted great at the time but a couple hours later I decided I wouldn't give in to that craving at McD's again.

No comments:

Post a Comment