The first trimester treated me well besides the trying to fight the fatigue, especially while working night shifts. I had occasional nausea, but nothing I can complain about. I have been feeling pretty good these days except for the constant indigestion that started about 2 weeks ago. It's definitely a new and unpleasant experience. I already have to prop my head up on pillows to sleep and it's only the beginning! There are some other small, typical pregnancy complaints but because I'm a nurse and therefore numb to gross things, I'll spare the details unless you are interested then let me know and I'll share! Overall I have a sense of calm which is really great and a difference from my normal worrisome self. If its because of the hormones, I hope they stick around a long time!

Highlights of the pregnancy so far include spending time with my baby niece, Evelyn, who was born July 25th. It makes it more real for me when I am holding a newborn. I was honored to be asked to be one of her baptismal sponsors! I couldn't hold back the tears throughout the whole service as she is such a special miracle baby.

Also, I went maternity clothes shopping with my mom a couple weeks ago and tried on the "strap on belly" which was hysterical. It's hard to believe I'll fit in those clothes in just a few short months!
I enjoyed a fun trip to Indianapolis for a little college friend reunion. While I
was there I enjoyed showing off my little 12 wk old plastic baby that is used to promote right to life. The baby had many photo shoots and I was told numerous times by my friends to "Put that thing away, you are so embarrassing!" While in Indy I also experienced my first prenatal massage! I will hopefully be able to continue these on a regular basis! It was very relaxing. The massage therapist was talking to me about belly casting...I still don't know exactly what that is but I can assure you that I will NOT be making a cast of this pregnant belly!
Highlights of the pregnancy so far include spending time with my baby niece, Evelyn, who was born July 25th. It makes it more real for me when I am holding a newborn. I was honored to be asked to be one of her baptismal sponsors! I couldn't hold back the tears throughout the whole service as she is such a special miracle baby.

Also, I went maternity clothes shopping with my mom a couple weeks ago and tried on the "strap on belly" which was hysterical. It's hard to believe I'll fit in those clothes in just a few short months!
I enjoyed a fun trip to Indianapolis for a little college friend reunion. While I

No comments:
Post a Comment