Last week had some interesting occurances. First of all, on Wednesday I was rear-ended on my way to work...BUT don't freak out! I am fine! It was a very light bump and my belly was no where near hitting the steering wheel, nor was I injured anywhere else. The rear-ender was probably 18 years old and scared out of his mind. I thought about acting like a CRAZY pregnant lady and go all A-wall on him but decided to be nice instead. He was pretty clueless. As he was handing me his license plate registration papers I had to politely tell him that I needed to know about his car insurance. He fumbled around a little in his car and then found the car insurance, and of course it was under his mom's name! I called work to let them know I would be a little late and when I walked in everyone was so kind and wanted to make sure I wasn't having any pain or contractions. (I wasn't). It was nice to feel so loved!
On a side note, not related to "the accident" I do experience Braxton hicks contractions once in awhile where my ab muscles get super tight for a minute or two and then release. It's a weird sensation. Similarily weird is when Sam gets the hiccups!
Then on Thursday at my prenatal water class our instructor didn't show up so the warm ups were led by an old guy named Herb! I think it's great that the elderly folks like to come to the prenatal classes to stay fit. He was a character as the young man who substituted to teach the class asked who was prenatal and Herb raised his hand! It made me laugh!
Still feeling good without any major complaints. I am now however experiencing typical heartburn at times. I always have the TUMS nearby! I also was fortunate to shop at Babies R Us for our registry with a wonderful friend who is also an experienced mom! She gave me advice on what should and shouldn't be on the registry and taught be about some things I had never even thought of! Thank you, Laura!
I loved shopping with you Debb! You are going to be an amazing mommy :) Jacob can't wait to meet his new friend! Laura
ReplyDelete