Ethan went to the bowling alley on Tuesday to meet the guys in Dad's league. He got lots of attention and compliments. He slept the whole hour that he was there and seemed to be a good luck charm for dad as he got a strike and a few spares while Ethan was in his presence!
We tested out his new stroller on Wednesday when the weather was 60 degrees! It was beautiful and made me so excited for the summer when we can do fun outside things with a baby that is more aware of his surroundings! The stroller works great, now if only the sidewalks weren't so uneven!
Ethan went to Bible study with mom on Thursday and made all the women say "awww." One lady said he could model for Anne Gettes pictures! Everyone insisted on hearing my birth story. It's a mom's bible study so everyone has been there and done that, most of them more than once. I got a little slack from one mom who didn't agree with me bringing a 3 week old baby out of the house. If I didn't leave the house I'd go crazy! I decided I have to start getting used to people disagreeing with things I do as a parent and not let it bother me.
This weekend will be our first "long" car ride and overnight visit as we are planning to go to a St. Patrick's day party at Andrew and Angies house in Milwaukee. We are hoping for the best! Since Ethan sleeps most of the time and doesn't have the brain capacity to know what a routine is yet we thought we'd get in a little traveling. If it goes well-we'll travel more!
Ethan really likes to me moving when he is not sleeping, so the baby Bjorn has become very useful. I am "wearing" him right now actually! I plan on getting a sling as well so I can carry him and have my hands free.
We have been so blessed my our church friends who have been supplying our meals on Monday, Wednesday, and Firday! Food just keeps coming to our door! It's nice to have the visitors and of course it's wonderful to eat meals that someone else prepared. They have all proved to be delicious as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment