It's amazing the survival mode you go on some days when you've gotten little sleep. Owen and I have been tagteaming to get as much sleep as possible and to sleep when Ethan sleeps. I learned very quickly it is easier to let Owen get the sleep he needs so that I am taking care of just one fussy baby! He has been such a wonderful help with EVERYTHING from changing diapers to filling up my water bottle. It has been a blessing having him at home.
Owen and I each had our own sleep deprivation moments- I was taking back a movie to the red box and I knew exactly where the Walgreens was (very close, maybe 5 minutes away), however once I started driving, I had no idea how to get there....I was driving around thinking "am I lost?" It was a weird feeling, but the movie got returned without problems!
Owen, in his sleep deprivaiton glory almost set the whole kitchen on fire! He was heating up taco shells and the toaster oven started on fire. He just stood there looking at the flames until I yelled, "Owen, do something or the whole kitchen is going to burn down!" He asked, "What should I do?" I replied, "Throw some water on it or at least close the toaster oven door!" IT took him another minute to find a cup of water to throw on the flames! It was scary, but now that everyone is safe and the fire was contained we can laugh about it, even though fire is not a laughing matter. Thankfully the fire alarms did not go off nor did the fire truck come. WE are however looking for a new toaster oven if anyone has a suggestion of one they like?
No comments:
Post a Comment