Friday, September 23, 2011

Apple Picking #1

Honeycrisp....yummmm!!!

Ethan loved to announce when the tractor was coming.



mmmmm.


Every apple you see in his hand is a NEW apple to take a bite out of.






How bout them apples?

Pumpkins, too!?

Ethan giving the pumpkin a hug. He loves them in his belly and out!








An apple a day keeps the doctor away!







Before our bag busted.
It's not that heavy, is it?



"oh no!" Feeding the goats made me giggle and better yet, no allergic reaction!

Sweet (corn) face!




Corn maze was a little intense since older kids kept pushing me...Choo choo Ethan Express.





I love fall for many reasons, but near the top is fresh apples off the tree. Ethan seems to share my enthusiasm after today's adventure at Apple Hollar orchard. The two of us enjoyed a beautiful afternoon among the honeycrisp, gala, jonathan, gingergold, golden supreme (and many other) apple trees. It got a little complicated when the 1 peck paper bag ripped, but I managed to corral Ethan and the apples. It was fun to watch Ethan pull apples off the trees but also just pick them off the ground saying "apples" the whole time. We tasted SEVERAL bites while picking, but I don't think Ethan actually ate any of them! Ethan successfully found the smallest apple I've ever seen and wouldn't let go of it the rest of the afternoon. The apples may be a bit pricey, but it includes all the kids play equipment, animals, and memories. I know this will not the only trip to the orchard this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment