Random people that I don't know (at the park, or the store, or where ever) are always asking, "How old is your son?" I never know what to say, 2 years, 2 years and x number of months, 28 months? Recently I just say that he'll be 2 1/2 in August. Regardless, Ethan continues to develop his personality and his quite the animated toddler most days. His biggest interests now are trains, cars, tunes, building towers, puzzles, "momma's phone" and especially "Thomas on phone", helping mommy bake (he loves to play with flour and water, stirring, scooping, molding, and making a BIG MESS! Daddy would not approve of this activity!), bubbles, painting, chalk, playing outside, playing with friends, throwing, kicking, hitting balls, coloring, and running around in his diaper saying "naked baby!" His favorite games to play are puzzles, and daddy or mommy get you- which he loves for us to chase him around. He runs fast especially when it's time to go to bed! He loves to immitate other kids and us. We really have to be aware of what we say so that the wrong phrases are not repeated! He has his fair share of tantrums and frustrations, but usually he can be distracted fairly easily. He continues to amaze us with the things he says and understands. He now sings our bedtime songs along with us and recites bedtime prayers. I ALWAYS leave his room for the night with a smile. :)
He loves Thomas the Train books and alternates between wanting to watch Thomas, Chuggington, and Cars on the TV. He knows that poopies go in the potty but is not quite ready to GO poopie in the potty just yet.
Ethan is very social. He sees kids (doesn't matter if he knows them or not!) in the distance and wants to go "say hi to friends." He gets the most excited when he gets to spend time with his cousin, Evelyn. In fact we watch videos of her on Angela's blog, over and over and over. It never ceases to amaze me the things he remembers. Out of the blue he'll mention something about a playdate weeks prior. I usually know what he's talking about but not always! Oh, and he is FACINATED by shadows! T
These are the some of the things we hear on a daily basis-
Mommy, I want a granola bar Go bye bye?
Mom, Wook at that! Play Thomas on the phone?
Wook what I made! Where's Toadie, Raul, tractor, or whatever else is his favorite toy
Ethan do it.
Mommy help you.
Oh, and the park is also a favorite! Especially the parks with sandboxes!
No comments:
Post a Comment