Monday, February 24, 2014

Birthday Boy!

We have a four year old in the house! Ethan was really excited for his actual birthday. The countdown loops all came down to one loop! Ethan is four! On February 19th we went to the Choo Choo diner. We started going here for Ethan's 2nd birthday and have made it an annual birthday lunch. Incentive-if you fill out a postcard addressed to yourself they send it to you for your birthday with a coupon for a free kids meal! 

Happy happy birthday to our sweet, silly, creative, and cuddly Ethan! It's been so fun seeing the world through your innocent eyes this year. You stole my heart 4 years ago and we are truly blessed to have YOU! So here's to a kid, who is loving and clever...happy day, happy year, happy always and ever! 

Even in the last month I can tell his mind knows more! He pushes boundaries with intent. He loves to listen to and sing songs with actions and directions ( i.e. Jim Gill). He is often found playing Disney cars, monster trucks, match box playsets, or his new pastime- Legos.  You never know when he will say something off the wall silly or something very profound. For example when it took 50 mins to get to school a couple weeks ago due to the snow he was content in the backseat being imaginative..."hey mom, I'm spitting fire balls out of my mouth!" Or at bedtime one night when he said "I saw Jesus in my dream last night." 

He enjoyed his Disney cars party at the school gym with many of his classmates and honorary "cousins." The kids were able to be loud and crazy, make a car from a toliet paper roll, pin the headlight on mater, and compete in a marshmallow spoon race! And if course cupcakes with candy Lightening McQueen and Mater were devoured. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked but I like the pictures I took. I know it was a success bc Ethan still talks about how he wants to have a Disney Car party like that every birthday. ;) 

You've done a long in four years,buddy!
In the last year you: learned to use the potty, stated school, can ride a bike with training wheels, became a big brother, can write your name, traveled by plane to to Seattle twice, and Ireland, you have a passport, have been in an ambulance , to the ER twice, and you know Jesus. And it's only just the begining! 


Last pic as 3 year old. 

Surprise balloons outside Ethan's bedroom door. 

Special birthday breakfast. 


At the choo choo diner
Presents!
Disney car cake. 
For the party! 
Crafting little cars with his school friends. 
Final birthday treat from Mike. 







No comments:

Post a Comment