I've been told by a few people that I have some unofficial followers to this blog who check daily for updates, so I thought I'd better make another post! Owen and I made our first trip to Babies R Us to "browse" the baby furniture. Owen's first question was "We're not going to down down EVERY isle are we?" It was overwhelming to say the least. I don't think I'll go back into that store until I actually look pregnant bc I'm pretty sure the other "really" pregnant ladies were looking at us thinking what is this couple doing here?!
I never thought I would become addicted to Craigslist either but it is amazing how much baby stuff Chicagoans are trying to sell! Some are even marketed as recession special! Mostly I've just been looking at cribs and glider chairs so far and haven't made any purchases. Then I was reading a book called Baby Bargains and in caps it says numerous times, DO NOT BUY A USED CRIB. IT COULD BE A DEATH TRAP FOR YOUR BABY! Geez, way to scare a pregnant lady! I understand the warning if the crib has no instructions or is missing pieces, but some people selling cribs seem very knowledgeable about their product and the way I look at is if they have used the crib already it's probably safe. But now I am a little torn about used cribs.
I for the most part emptied out our study that will be converted to our nursery. I actually found a new home for all the treasures I had stored in the closet! The only baby items so far- some stuffed animals, some awesome, sassy baby bibs, 1 gender neutral outfit, and a wee sing silly songs CD, oh and the very few maternity clothes I own so far.

On Labor Day we enjoyed the company of our good friends and their 9 month old baby. Owen was the grill master! I made patties out of turkey and ground sirloin and he grilled up about a dozen burgers! That should last me at least a week when the burger craving hits! This is Owen holding Jacob for the first time. So precious!
I never thought I would become addicted to Craigslist either but it is amazing how much baby stuff Chicagoans are trying to sell! Some are even marketed as recession special! Mostly I've just been looking at cribs and glider chairs so far and haven't made any purchases. Then I was reading a book called Baby Bargains and in caps it says numerous times, DO NOT BUY A USED CRIB. IT COULD BE A DEATH TRAP FOR YOUR BABY! Geez, way to scare a pregnant lady! I understand the warning if the crib has no instructions or is missing pieces, but some people selling cribs seem very knowledgeable about their product and the way I look at is if they have used the crib already it's probably safe. But now I am a little torn about used cribs.
I for the most part emptied out our study that will be converted to our nursery. I actually found a new home for all the treasures I had stored in the closet! The only baby items so far- some stuffed animals, some awesome, sassy baby bibs, 1 gender neutral outfit, and a wee sing silly songs CD, oh and the very few maternity clothes I own so far.
On Labor Day we enjoyed the company of our good friends and their 9 month old baby. Owen was the grill master! I made patties out of turkey and ground sirloin and he grilled up about a dozen burgers! That should last me at least a week when the burger craving hits! This is Owen holding Jacob for the first time. So precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment