We are excited to have our big ultrasound in 2 weeks! It will be fun to see how big the babe is getting inside. I can tell it's growing as evidenced by the fact that I now require belly bands to keep my pants on, since I can't button them anymore! This is the ultrasound we could find out the gender, however we won't! We like surprises!
And to answer the most frequently asked question: "How are you feeling?" Well, this is the best way I can describe it (and Owen even kinda understands when I describe it like this). It's like the game Tetris where the object is to line up shapes so that the lines disappear. Well, whenever I eat, it's like I am building Tetris lines in my stomach but I must be really bad at the game because they just keep stacking up without breaking, UNLESS I burp! Then it feels like a line broke and I have a little relief. So there is a window of time that I feel good after eating but mostly I just feel like I'm losing at Tetris. Now, I can only imagine how much worse this will get when there is actually something pushing on my stomach! This is only the beginning!Wednesday, September 16, 2009
16 week doctor visit
Owen and I attended our 16 week doctor visit yesterday! We heard our baby's healthy and strong heart beat and ask about the correlation between our birth weights and our baby. Now, this may seem like a silly question, but if you weighed 9 lbs 10 oz at birth and married a guy who weighed in at 9 lbs 4 oz you'd probably wonder what you could expect to birth as well! Our doc's answer was classic, " Yeah, you're in trouble" he said with a smile...Apparently there is a gene that dictates for large babies and I undoubtedly carry that gene, being that my sister was over 10 lbs at birth! (Thanks for that gene, Mom!) But, the good news is, as you can tell from my height (and my hips), the doctor agreed that I should have no problem carrying or delivering a large baby. BUT just to make sure, he plans to induce a week or so early if the baby is indeed measuring big at that time. I didn't ask the details about being induced but I trust that whatever is supposed to happen will. As long as the baby is healthy I'm game for whatever needs to happen. Oh, and Dr. Koss also mentioned that he will be going to Hawaii on February 26th, so if we plan on having our OB deliver our HUGE baby, he or she will have to come out early!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats Debbie and Owen! And YEAH for surprises! We wouldnt have it any other way either. Its the best!!
ReplyDelete