Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dreams, Yoga, and Baby Classes!

Only 5 weeks to go...! It seems my mom is having dreams about Sam! First she dreamed that Sam came out of the womb wearing a baseball hat! Hmmm....I wonder why she dreamed that? Could be because Sam's daddy is rarely seen without some sort of hat on! Then she dreamed about making the trip to the hospital to deliver although Owen and I got separated in different areas....and then she woke up so it is unknown if Owen was there for the delivery. The recent dream I had involved the car seat but not the base that it clicks into. Therefore the baby was flying all over the backseat of my car because the car seat wasn't strapped in to anything! First I dream I don't feed the baby all day and now this? I hope I'm a better parent than that!
We just got home from our first labor and delivery class. It was very informative and very graphic. Owen had to look away during the birth videos. We also got to tour the labor and delivery and postpartum units. No one was in active labor and no babies were in the nursery (they were all in the rooms with mom). But it was nice to see where we will be in a few weeks. There is another mom with the same doctor due on the same day as me, although she didn't know that our doctor is leaving for Hawaii the day before we are due so I informed her of that! For those planning to visit in the hospital-the rules are 1. No one under the age of 18 (because of the H1N1) and 2. Only 2 visitors in the room at a time 3. Don't even bother coming to the hospital while I'm in labor unless I specifically ask you to be there because I won't let you in the room anyways! Also, you will have to sign in and show a photo ID to visit. And don't even think about trying to steal baby Stamm bc he or she will have a microchip placed on the umbilical cord that will set off the "abduction" alarms that shut down the hospital as well as the street the hospital is located on!
I attended two prenatal Yoga classes and decided that I like the prenatal aqua class much better. Maybe it's because I hadn't taken yoga before pregnancy or that I seem to have muscle pains between my shoulder blades when I'm in those positions and can't really focus on much else but the pain, or that the teacher is a little strange...so last week I ditched yoga and went to the pool instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment