Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Favorite Toy

Sophie the giraffe has been pushed to the wayside!!! Ethan's new favorite toy is mom or dad's CELL PHONE...It must be the buttons and lights but if a cell phone is in sight Ethan MUST have it. We try not to let him chew on it much in case they really do cause brain cancer, and for the mere fact that baby drool probably destroys the inner parts of my blackberry. Owen wants a new phone, so maybe he doesn't mind the drool! Likes pulling the leaves off of our plants...poor plants might have to be moved again... I consolidated and sorted toys into 2 different bins in addition to the plastic noise maker toys that don't fit in the bins. I realized we have far too many toys, but quite a few entertain Ethan so I guess we'll keep them around. Plus he likes sitting by the bin and taking all the toys out. He is fascinated by the cat (which we'll have to call Penny, instead of Penguin as to not confuse the kid). Also, favorite song- The wheels on the bus. If Ethan is cranky (usually is right before bedtime) I start singing this song (and all the made up verses that I add in) and a smile almost instantly appears! I don't know how long this song will do the trick...but for now it's good!
Halloween is just around the corner and I am not a big fan of this holiday, but I did get a costume for Ethan (since it was on sale and an additional 30% off!). Any guesses what E will be??? I don't know if trick or treating will be in his future this year, since he obviously can't enjoy the candy yet, and mom and dad certainly don't need to enjoy it. We will be in St. Louis for my sister's wedding that weekend as well so who knows what the day will bring- possibly 70 degree temps!
You may have noticed the lack of "Ethan's Chair" pictures on the blog...well, it's hard to keep the kid in the chair these days! So I'll post a chair picture when I actually have one to post! Unfortunately they won't be so nicely posed as his younger chair photos.
Other happenings in the life of Ethan? He now takes 2 naps most days and bedtime routine starts between 6:30-6:45 and he's asleep by 7 or 7:15 most nights. He sleeps til 7-7:30 most mornings. LOVES the baby swings at the park, thankfully there is a park within walking distance. Really likes yogurt in addition to the other foods he already eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment