The Stamm Famm has so much to be thankful for this year. Obviously, Owen and I are overjoyed being parents and we love our son very much. We are thankful for the time each of us has had to bond with him individually and as a family. He is at such a fun age, exploring everything and doing new "tricks" almost daily. Owen and Ethan enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday with a church friend while I worked the 3pm-11pm shift. My Thanksgiving dinner happened on Friday hosting the meal at our house with family and friends. Owen's rule was that if we were hosting we had to use the fine china that we registered for. We had to take most of the place settings out of the box for the first time! What we didn't realize was that we only have 7 place settings. We had 9 guests. Oops. Thankfully no one cared that not all the dishes matched.
It was my first attempt making a turkey (19 lbs of turkey!) and was told by all that it was delicious (thanks to the oven bag for keeping it moist). The past several years we have gone to Iowa for Thanksgiving so I asked Owen what he wanted me to make that he usually has at his family dinner. Owen complimented the meal by saying that his grandma's recipe for sage balls tasted the same as he remembers and the cookie salad tasted almost exactly the same. I was most happy with the pumpkin cheesecake! I'm salivating just thinking of the left overs we still have! Thank you, Christy and Brad for making the trek from St. Louis for just over a 24 hr stay and for bringing yummy pies and mac n' cheese! I am looking forward to another fabulous meal here at Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment