I took and passed my certification exam on January 19th which means I am officially an Adult Nurse Practitioner! I applied for two jobs the end of February, had 2 interviews and 2 job offers before deciding to become a part time employee at First Health Associates in Arlington Heights. Check us out at http://firsthealthassociates.com/
The office started as a chiropractic practice and has evolved into an integrative clinic with not only chiropractic care but acupuncture, naturopathy, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, counseling by a LCSW, dietitian, family medicine and now an NP! After about a month of working there I can honestly say I really like it. I have not started seeing patients on my own yet, but will start soon. I will be in charge of two weight loss programs involving B12 injections and one more program for Medicare patients interested in losing weight. I am very excited about these opportunities! It is wonderful to work around people who are genuinely invested in their health and who have a passion for prevention. I actually want to become more healthy being surrounded by others who are setting such a good example. While I can't say my hours are perfect, I hope to never work another night shift again which makes life better all around.

No comments:
Post a Comment