Saturday, January 25, 2014

Christmas 2013

I like Christmas lights. I really like Christmas light displays that you can drive through. (However, I don't remember the last time I drove through a light display.)Last year we started a tradition that after church on Christmas Eve we go to a mini light display in downtown Arlington Heights. Only problem this year was that it was SO COLD.  We literally got out to take a few pictures and got back in the warm car. Gavin will get to see them next year! 

From what my mom tells me, my understanding of Santa was that he gave my parents money so they could buy me presents. I don't remember writing letters to him or having any disappointment or rage when someone in 5th grade or so spilled the beans on the "truth" of the jolly fellow. We opened all of our presents on Christmas Eve! So, I am letting Ethan lead the way for Santa. We have seen him every year at the annual Christmas party at Hands on Family Health. On Christmas Eve as Ethan was getting ready for bed he sits up and says "Oh, no! We forgot to leave a cookie for Slanta (that's what he thinks his name is)." So off we went to get a plate and a cookie and a carrot for the reindeer. He didn't want to leave milk. Santa did leave some presents, including the Disney Car- Sheriff, as requested by Ethan but the BIG exciting gifts were from mom and dad. We'll see how it changes over the years!









                                                     Thank you daddy for the presents~

Annual Christmas brunch at Mike O'Brien's house. Delicious!

His tree puts ours to shame! Believe it or not this tree was in our house the Christmas of 2009! I was pregnant with Ethan and a little "elf" came to set up the tree one night while I was working. It was great to come home to a HUGE tree all decorated with lights! Needless to say, this tree is a bit big now that the room is needed for playing!
Sweet Ethan.
The Santa ornament Ethan made for Mike last year. What a difference a year makes!
 
Exhausted Ethan fell asleep on Reagan.
Happy Birthday Jesus Cake! 

Merry Christmas from the Stamms!


No comments:

Post a Comment