MASSAGE: I wish everyday could start with a massage! Owen treated me to prenatal massage and it was wonderful. I had to lay on my left side and back instead of on the belly but it was still very relaxing. I think Sam enjoyed it too!
BABY BRAIN: I've heard the term baby brain from my pregnant friends however I didn't realize how often it can happen! Last week I went to the grocery store and when I got home I went inside and started looking through the mail and such and it wasn't until I was ready to make dinner 3 hours later that I realized the food was still in the car! Thankfully there was no spoilage. Oops...
Then while I was cooking dinner I put a wooden spoon off balance on the spoon rest and it fell into the open flame on the burner. Since I was standing right there I was able to quickly put out the flame under running water so there was no kitchen fire. Now, I do realize how dangerous this was, but for some reason I couldn't stop laughing. Owen however was not amused at all. Oops...
EXERCISE: I signed up for a prenatal water class and had my first experience last Thursday. It was very refreshing to be in the pool and it was fun to use the extra buoyancy. Although I didn't feel like it was a heart pounding workout, I did feel well stretched and relaxed afterward.
RAPID HEART RATE: So I have mentioned how calming the pregnancy hormones are making me these days but I found one thing that does indeed still makes my heart pound. I was driving home from my clinicals and went speeding past a squad car. As soon as I realized that I was going too fast I knew he was going to pull me over, and he did. When the flashing lights were behind me my pulse did raise, but it still only lasted for about 30 seconds!!! Normally this kind of experience would have me worked up for the rest of the night, but not this time! I got away with a warning which made the whole situation even better. Oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment