Debbie officially has a earned a Masters degree in Nursing from Loyola University! Graduation isn't until May 15th, but I have no cap or gown so I'm not sure I'll be in attendance! I really have a lot to celebrate these days- a beautiful baby and an academic achievement all within weeks of each other! I will take a certification exam in the future that will add the Nurse Practitioner credentials and then she will start looking for a job in this role.
On Ethan's 10-week old anniversary, mom had to do an oral presentation to share what she learned from her comprehensive paper on organic foods. GiGi Oberdeck and Grandpa John came for the day of scholarship. Thanks to GiGi, Ethan was able to come along to the Loyola Maywood campus and cheer on mom. He wasn't actually in the room while she presented, he was outside with grandma, but he did great overall! It was a long day for all of us and Ethan slept like a rock that night. We attempted at dinner "out" at Maggianos for which Ethan tolerated for about an hour. Then he promptly fussed, mom took him outside to try and calm him, and then proceeded to the car to feed and change him. He passed out on grandma who stayed with him in the car until the leftovers were packed up. It was nice to get out even if half the time was spent in the parked car!
No comments:
Post a Comment