Today Ethan rolled from his tummy to his back! He rolled one way and then the other, but has not yet rolled from one object to the next. He hasn't rolled from his back to his tummy, but I guess that is harder and he is pretty big. This photo was him just before going over!
Yesterday was my first day back to work from 3-7 pm. I took the advice of my assistant manager and decided to ease back into it and just work 4 hours...well, in hindsight while it was nice for me, it was probably the worst time to be gone! Ethan likes to eat more frequently in the evening in order to sleep longer at night and that is kind of hard to pick up on at times. I had my phone in my pocket at work and received one call to which the answer was, "yes, just feed him!" That took care of the crying that time! It went well overall, just a misjudgement of timing on my return which led to another bout of crying (inevitably he was probably hungry again). When I walked in the door it was quiet....I went down to the basement to find Owen laying on the couch with an exhausted Ethan laying on top of him! Owen is an awesome dad and he did a great job for his first evening as MR. MOM!!!
As far as my job goes- things hadn't changed a bit in 4 months! Well, except for the code to get in to the locker room...! I even remembered having the same patient in the past! It made me realize that although I really like my job, I'm glad that I graduated with a degree that will provide options for a completely different type of nursing career (or maybe I can just be a stay at home mom with a master's degree someday in the future!) It was nice to be able to squeeze through tight spaces without having to worry about bumping into things with a big belly! And to be honest, work was all I knew before Ethan was born so it was pretty easy to compartmentalize and stay focused on my work so that I could leave when I was done and get home!
As far as my job goes- things hadn't changed a bit in 4 months! Well, except for the code to get in to the locker room...! I even remembered having the same patient in the past! It made me realize that although I really like my job, I'm glad that I graduated with a degree that will provide options for a completely different type of nursing career (or maybe I can just be a stay at home mom with a master's degree someday in the future!) It was nice to be able to squeeze through tight spaces without having to worry about bumping into things with a big belly! And to be honest, work was all I knew before Ethan was born so it was pretty easy to compartmentalize and stay focused on my work so that I could leave when I was done and get home!
Daddy took this picture while mom was at work. Ethan has the baby bible on his lap and apparently they were praying that mom come home as soon as possible!
I also put the play tray on the bumbo and Ethan likes to sit and chew on the toys that stick to the tray. He sits in the bumbo a lot higher and with less slouching.
No comments:
Post a Comment