It is amazing to see Ethan do new things. This week he started to really like his baseball rattle. He will grab it in his hand if you hold it out to him and then he shakes it all around and smiles. He even picked it up from the ground when it was next to him. He also locks eyes with some of the stuffed toys and tracks it intently as you move it across his plane of sight. Good cranial nerve function! He still hasn't rolled over or to his side unassisted, but he can balance himself on his side if you put him there. He had his first play time in the exersaucer this week. He seems to enjoy it! It is another way to keep him upright for 20-30 mins after eating to allow the food to stay down with his reflux issues.
It's almost time for mom to return to work (unfortunately, although the extra personal leave has been so great), so daddy has been in baby boot camp. He has successfully put Ethan down for naps and has already mastered his tired and hungry cues. It's those stubborn burps that throw us off once in awhile.
We have enjoyed having a few visitors this week- my co-worker Angela and Stella came on Friday and Gi Gi and Grandpa O came on Saturday. The Stamm Grandparents are probably going to arrive as I'm writing this! Ethan stares at the new faces, even if he's seen them before, and then usually gives a smile after a little while.
I can't complain about Ethan's sleeping patterns. He slept from 9pm to 5am today! And then back to sleep from 6-720am, and 845-1145, and 115-2pm and he is sleeping as I am typing. Now, I just have to go to sleep at 9, and nap when he naps so I can get the most sleep possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment