Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fever

I don't like being sick!!!

The night after Owen's party my immune system decided to take a holiday. I couldn't get warm so I got in bed under lots of covers while wearing layers of fleece and fell asleep for the night at 8pm. I went to work Monday morning only to feel progressively more achy all day. I decided I'd check my temperature with the ear thermometer we use on our patients and sure enough it was 102.2! No wonder I couldn't get warm and my whole body was miserable! I came home after my shift wearing a mask. I was feeling so weak that I didn't even trust myself holding Ethan. I took Tylenol which knocked the fever down, but as soon as the meds were out of my system, it came back. I don't remember the last time I had a fever and I definately don't remember EVER feeling like this. Thankfully, tonight marks the 24 hr mark of being fever-free, however my efforts at containing the germs were too late as now Ethan has a fever. I knew something was up when I heard Ethan moaning at 4am. He was extra cuddly and hot to the touch. We laid in the recliner for awhile but he protested when I tried to lay him back in the crib, So I brought him to bed with me and sure enough, he fell asleep inbetween us while I rubbed his back. This proves the kid is SICK. He has never laid still, much less fallen asleep in our bed. Hopefully the antibodies he is receiving via momma's milk will lessen the impact and we will all be well again very soon.

I knew there would be things I'd have to sacrifice when I became a mother, but the MOST challenging thing to date is the inability to have a sick day. If ever I needed a day to lay in bed all day it was yesterday. Unfortunately, Ethan knew I was home and was fussy when I wasn't around which caused Owen' to lose his cool and although I was sick, I couldn't sleep through Owen's constant scolding-"Ethan, play with your toys, not everything you are not supposed to play with" or some variation of this phrase. It was a horrible day, but we all survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment