Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Last Year


It's hard to believe that last year at this time I was VERY pregnant (actually really miss those maternity jeans, but am happy all my pre-pregnancy clothes fit so well!) and almost ready to give birth to the person who would change my life forever! It was a Wednesday last year that was a CRAZY busy day for me in the ICU and I remember telling my charge nurse- I think this is my last day- even though I wasn't due for 10 days more and was scheduled 3 more shifts. Somehow I must have known! And it is a little ironic that the day before Ethan was born we had his infant car seat inspected by the Palatine police department and this Friday, the day before his one year birthday we are having his convertible "toddler" car seat inspected.

People have asked if I am sad or emotional about my baby turning one and to be honest I am really excited for what is ahead! I have loved each milestone so far and look forward to Ethan walking and talking and so on...Maybe it will hit me after the excitement of parties wears off (the cupcakes are baking and smell delicious!), or maybe it won't hit until he is going off to preschool, or college?! I look back at pictures and think how time really flies. I have to get a new calendar or something to record daily "firsts" or funny things that happen in Ethan's second year as I did with his first. I guess I have been filming more videos of Ethan just being Ethan the last couple weeks, but all and all I am just happy to be so blessed with my little buddy, who's innocence and wonder inspires me to be better and who I can't imagine life without! More sentimental stuff to come soon.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment