Ten days til Ethan's FIRST Birthday! Amazing how time flies! It's pretty cool these days that Ethan is really starting to understand when I speak to him. He has known to "find Toadie" for awhile, but now if I say "Ethan, can you go to your house" or "Go in your house" he looks straight at me with a look as if wheels are turning inside his brain, and he will crawl over to his box house (see previous posts of you don't know what this is) and go inside! Today I said, "Ethan, go upstairs?" and he went to the stairs and starting going up. It won't be too long before he will communicate back to us, fun times ahead. Now hears the kicker, just because he understands does not mean he will always DO or OBEY what I am saying. It continues to be a battle when we say "No, HOT, No Touch" when he wants to touch the space heater. In his defense, all he wants to do is push the buttons because they light up and he loves pushing buttons, however sometimes that thing is HOT and we'd rather have him not touch it at all. It really pushes my buttons when I say "No" and he starts laughing. What am I supposed to do then, because I want to laugh too, but that is COMPLETELY counter productive! I guess the battle will end when spring arrives and we no longer need to space heater. But that is an eternity away!
No comments:
Post a Comment