Thursday, March 24, 2011

the mall

Thanks Aunt Christy for the Awesome hat! I'm ready for Ireland now!

Today Ethan and I went to the mall. Not to buy anything, but to get out of the house so Owen could work in quietness on his current contract project. Since it's too cold to play outside we went to the mall that has an indoor play area. First we visited the food court. Ethan had his first hot dog...not the finest of choices but I haven't done my research on peanut free fast food and I figured a hot dog would be safe...and it even said "all beef" on the menu board! The kids meal came with fritos and an arctic freeze drink. Ethan had one drink of this icy, sugary, cold stuff, started coughing and wanted nothing to do with that straw again. It really was pretty gross. And the fritos, well daddy gets those! I really wanted to wait until Ethan was walking to play at one of these indoor play zones since I can only imagine the billions of germs that live there, but I tried to focus on how much fun E was having instead of what he might be bringing home! It was fun to see the other kids interact with Ethan even though we've never seen them before and probably never will again. The playing was also a good distraction from teething. I can tell Ethan's been miserable the last couple of days but I can feel the eruptions on the bottom both right and left sides so hopefully the pain will subside soon. Our friends Mo= Motrin, Ty=Tylenol, and Orajel are helping too!

Ethan and I have been on lots of trips to the surrounding stores getting travel gear for Ireland. I've crossed off just about everything from the "to get" list. Only 12 days to go!

1 comment: