I celebrated my birthday on July 8th with a date alone with Owen! It was good for both of us to be out of the house together especially since Owen had been so sick recently. We went to an afternoon showing of the movie Grown Ups. It was stupid and funny, just as we expected. It did get us talking a bit about our childhoods and how we envision Ethan's childhood as far as vacations and fun memories. Thanks to GiGi and Grandpa O for babysitting during the show and then taking us ALL out for dinner at my choice- Sweet Tomatoes! Ethan did GREAT this time at the restaurant. He crashed and cried the whole way home, but if we time it correctly I think we could have a repeat success. My parents remember the last time we went out to eat when things did not go as smoothly as my mom and I rotated shifts of sitting in the car with Ethan! What a difference a few months makes!
There are a few of my coworkers who are pregnant and due any day now. It wasn't so long ago that I had that big ole prego belly and I can honestly say I kinda miss it! Time flies! Ethan will be 5 months in a few days. It's exciting and both sad that he's getting so big and growing up. I'm sure this feeling never really goes away.
This weekend we are going to Oxford, WI to my aunt and uncles lake house. It will be Ethan's first vacation other than visiting grandparents! We are excited to visit with relatives and for the E and E cousins to hang out! And bonus- the weather is supposed to be really nice!
We all went to the playground near our house. Tractor rides! I love to swing on the swings with Ethan on my lap. He holds on and enjoys the ride!
We went to hang out with some friends and Ethan's burp rag became a doo rag!
No comments:
Post a Comment