Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ireland 2

Good morning! Ethan liked to perch himself at the window and watch people below.

I got *some* sleep!

Day 2- We toured the Guinness Storehouse.

Ethan promptly fell asleep in the stroller. He looks radioactive because of the reflectors!

Happy!

Lot's o' barrels.

Owen got to pour his own perfect pint.

First you push the tap towards you and fill to the harp on the Guinness glass.

What a great pour! Now wait for the nitrogen to settle and create the creamy head before adding the finishing touch.

Next tilt the tap away from you and fill to the top.

Owen behind the bar---a bit scary. Look at that HUGE smile!

Last step- ENJOY!


Even Ethan enjoyed his first Guinness! Just kidding. He woke up from his slumber in the pour your own exhibit and was in a really good mood. We captured that I think!



Oh my goodness, my Guinness!

In only 20 years I can really have one! Family photo in the chopped off backdrop...oops.


View from Gravity bar at the top of the storehouse. I took photos in all directions since it was so clear but I have no idea what I photographed.

My finished glass-Since Ethan was born I really enjoy beer. Guinness was still not one I would order in the states, but in IRELAND it was delicious!

Dinner at the Quays Restaurant in Temple Bar, Dublin. Ethan was still on US time at this point and was taking a nap in the stroller while we enjoyed a quiet and yummy dinner.

Gramps and Gram! Congratulations to Owen's dad. He officially retired the day after this picture was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment