"Look mom, I made an E for Ethan!" And yes, he really did make that E!
Today has been a day to actually do some of those pins I pinned from Pinterest. And Gavin took a long morning nap which made it possible to do these things without distracting baby with something he can put in his mouth!
We've made chalk paint before but not chalk ice! I thought you'd be able to use the chalk ice cubes like chalk, but instead we put them in the sun and watched them melt.
That was pretty cool. I used baking soda in them in hopes that they would bubble when Ethan sprayed vinegar on them, but this was a flop! He enjoyed using the spray bottle, but no bubbles...
We also tried making a "river" with foil and the hose....PINTEREST FLOP! I think getting the aluminum foil at the dollar tree might have played a part in that. Maybe we will try again with some heavy duty foil next time.
I also made "sponge balls" from sponges also from the dollar tree (can't beat 10 for a buck!) and I have a feeling these balls will continue to be fun indoors and out! I'm thinking indoor "snowball" fight and maybe even in a treat bag for a future birthday party. Owen asked if he could use on in the shower to replace his current poof! They are really simple to make and can make for a really fun water fight as they get very saturated with water. First thing Gavin did when he got ahold of one-took a bite out of it. Little booger...always pulling something out of his mouth. He enjoyed me bonking him and dropping them over his head.
This evening the boys and I participated in the St. Paul Mission run/walk (Owen was playing golf). Ethan was part of the Kids Dash, and I walked the 3K with Gavin in the stroller. Felt good for not exercising for 9 months! Ethan spent most of the time at the park with his buddy Lucas.













No comments:
Post a Comment