After our hike in "the forest" this weekend I thought a trip to the Spring Valley nature center in Schaumburg would be a nice little outing today. I had never been but checked the website to find there are trails and an a old German farm settlement where today there were "games". Unfortunately we didn't make it to the farm or the games. We first stopped at the nature center where there were little exhibits, a log to crawl though, a library, some nature themed learning areas and an exhibit with live turtles. We made our way out to the paved trails and Ethan flat out LOST IT. Screaming.
And not calming down.
I am still not sure why this outburst happened but my guess is that he was a little spooked by a bug or something. Anyway, we went back to the indoor nature center and he "played" board games in the library. He made a friend in the process. He makes friends pretty much anywhere and refers to the new friend as "my friend." Example: Ethan: " you can take a turn now my friend" Did you know there is a board game called bottles and bins and the slogan on the box reads "when we recycle, everyone wins." Very true!
After naps I helped Ethan count some money in his piggy bank. He wanted to buy his first Disney Planes toy. This trip to Target was very successful! Ethan even shared his shotgun seat in the cart with Gavin.
No comments:
Post a Comment