Gavin is way past the baby snuggles phase where he falls asleep nursing and remains asleep in my arms for as long as I'm still...he's much to busy and always on the move. However, tonight he woke up about 45 minutes after falling asleep for the night on his own so I went in to see what might be the problem. As soon as I picked him up he snuggled close and with a bit of bouncing and the release of a few toots (from him of course) he was back to sleep in my arms. I decided to embrace the moment and I sat down in the rocking chair just to watch him sleep and enjoy the snuggles before putting him back in his crib. There are few things sweeter than a sleeping baby. They change in the blink of an eye, there is no doubt about that. In fact Ethan's preK teacher, Mrs. Morris will be coming over for a home visit in the morning....HOW can he be going to preschool ALREADY!? I'm excited for him of course and he is going to thrive, but there is also a part of me that wishes he would always stay 3! If only time could freeze for the moments you try to hold onto forever...thankfully there are pictures to help capture the memories.
I guess some things don't change!







No comments:
Post a Comment